Friday, September 16, 2011

My butter baby

On Tuesday Butter came limping down the driveway so I went over to see what the scoop was . She couldnt walk on her foot at all . Hubby had to carry her into the house . I noticed she had 2 bites just above her eyes about 1 inch across . So we put here on her bed and let her rest . When I came in a couple of hours later she was all swollen up . Her face was double in size . down her thoat and chest . Then it rang a bell in my head .she was probaly bite by a copperhead snake . By then it was to late for a vet  visit . so i dug out my goat medicine books  and found that we could mega dose her with Vit c it might save her . so we did. and so far she is doing good . the swelling is going down . the bites are draining . we now have her on 2 shots of pennicillin daily and will keep her on that till the swelling is gone . oh my god i thought we were going to lose her . it was dicey there for a while . she has a long road ahead of her but i think shes going to make it thur . keep her in your thoughts and prayer everyone . shes a very sweet dog .

2 comments:

  1. oh the poor girl! you were amazing so save her as you did. how is she doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Robin! My heart goes out to you all. What a blessing that you had some information on hand to help. Don't forget the probiotics as she can tolerate them (active yogurt? homemade is better) - they will help her heal and also help the antibiotics do their job. Kind of odd, I know.... sending you all healing green energy! Keep us updated!

    love,

    edie in NC

    ReplyDelete